Release Date: September 27, 2005
Thank you: American Library Association, Streamload.com, Rachel Lewis and Matt Lewis.
– In the news discussion, we talk Goblet scans and the correction on the Goblet gravestone.
– We discuss some upcoming segments, and Melissa apologizes to John!
– We give you a task related to banned books list have made the most impact in their lives. For John it’s What is Happening to My Body, the Book for Boys, and Captain Underpants. The Following are the books mentioned in this week’s Modcast: Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, Forever by Judy Blume, Are you there, God? It’s me, Margaret. by Judy Blume, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, Scary Story series by Alvin Schwartz, Goosebumps by R.L. Stine, King James Bible, The Koran, On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer, What is Happening to My Body? by Lynda Madaras, Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
– We have an ‘In the Know’ segment this week with Beverley Becker of the American Library Association’s office of intellectual freedom, who talks about the process that occurs when a book is challenge, some of the issues people have had with Harry Potter, and why it’s so often protested.
– In our Extendable Ears segment we’re back with Matt Lewis, a.k.a. Neville Longbottom, who discusses acting like a Trekkie, cricket, and of course, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Hear what Mike Newell did to help the actors get along, which scenes had everyone on set buzzing, all about dancing with Bonnie Wright at the Yule Ball, and more.
– In our Mailbag, Kristin, Sue and Melissa get into some of your questions. Dudley, R.A.B., Aunt Petunia, What Snape Knew, and more. We launch the Pillow of Doom theory and introduce the Veily World.
– Harry Potter and the Chamber of Backbeats! We preview a song sent to us by Brian Newman.
Introduction: 0:00 [Melissa Anelli]
Leaky Lowdown: 2:20 [Sue Upton, John Noe and Melissa Anelli]
In the Fan Corner: 17:03 [Brooke Hendrickson and Harry and the Potters]
Modcast: 27:48 [John Noe, Nick Rhein, Kim Parker and Doris Herrmann]
In the Know: 40:32 [Heidi Tandy and Beverley Beck]
Extendable Ears: 52:10 [Matt Lewis and Melissa Anelli]
Mailbag: 1:07:04 [Sue Upton, Kristin Brown and Melissa Anelli]
Closing: 1:19:37 [Sue Upton, John Noe and Melissa Anelli ]