Release Date: April 24, 2006
It’s Dance Dance time here on the show as John makes good with the burrito card quest now complete. We launch our Canon Conundrum segment with Steve VanderArk of the Lexicon joining the trio to discuss the lingering mysteries of the Potter series. First up: Check Mate! More to that chess match in Book One than on the board? In this show:
– John has done the dance dance – get it at LeakyNews.com
– Our new segment, Canon Conundrums, goes live with Lexicon Guru Steve Vander Ark; each week we’ll rip apart one book issue/problem/concern, etc. Up this week, the chess match and its relevance in the rest of the series.
– Melissa’s health podcast, FittingItIn, is live
– Sue checks to find out what she posted on our mobile site while on the run
– Less than 100 days to Lumos! Have you emailed your RSVP?
– Adoration and worship of the bad boys in the Harry Potter series and the women who love them (next, on FOX…)
– Your chess match voicemails scattered throughout the show
– The French get the film first! Australia gets the film three years later!
– Edinburgh scoop: Jo’s evil look at the Aberforth question
– John nags Melissa about his essay
– Melissa cries (sniff!) to guilt John
– One hundred billion dollars
– Bellatrix as a loose canon
– Steve takes the HP IQ Quiz and shares his results
– Mr. Blood returns
– The patronii of some canon characters
– Hermione, sometimes blind?
– Webby reminder!
– Send in your voicemails about who was in Godric’s Hollow the night that Voldemort tried to kill Harry; that’s up next on Canon Conundrums and therefore is your next voicemail challenge! 🙂
Opening: 0:00 [Melissa Anelli]
Leaky Lowdown: 1:31 [Sue Upton, Melissa Anelli, John Noe]
Canon Conundrum Call-In 1: 19:11 [Callers]
Modcast: 22:04 [Jason Edwards, Heather Campbell, Cathy Liesner, Lori Damerell]
Cannon Conundrum Call-In Part 2: 33:29 [Callers]
Cannon Conundrum:36:25 [John Noe, Melissa Anelli, Sue Upton, Steve Vander Ark]
Mailbag: 1:00:29 [Melissa Anelli, John Noe, Sue Upton]
Closing: 1:14:22 [Melissa Anelli, John Noe, Sue Upton]